Developed in Switzerland in1992 by IMTand used by Orthopedic Surgeons worldwide.The Woodpecker represents an advancement of the Total Hip Arthroplasty procedure with over 6000 systems in use today.
- Using the Woodpecker, the surgeon can create a precisely reamed prosthesis bed in the medullary femur.
- The minimal impulses generated by the rasp machine reduce tension peaks.
- fissures and splintering.
- The low intraosseous pressure minimizes the risk of fat embolism syndrome substantially.
- The high-frequency axial impulses of the instrument substantially reduce operating time.